2019 Checklist – B2B Lead Generation Stats and Hints
Find out how to optimize that B2B website to generate quality leads and more sales here in this Blog post.
Table of Contents
60 Business to Business Lead Generation Statistics for Corporate Website Optimization (2019 Checklist)
The best business website is not limited to good design. To make the most out of a B2B lead generation strategy, it has to provide several key elements that help convert visitors into buyers. The following statistics unearth the different perspectives, marketers have (or need like to) to make the most out of a corporate website.
Here are the considerations and stats every B2B marketer should know in 2019 (and beyond).
B2B Website Design
- 68% of business to business companies have not designed their sales funnel—Source
- 74% of landing pages comprise of navigation bars, distracting leads from the central call to action—Source
- 96% of your visitors are not ready to buy from you—so your business website design needs to lead and encourage them through your sales funnel while easing the buyer journey
- While 27% of traffic does come from mobile, 44% of visitors struggle to read on small devices—so responsive design could be the answer compared to investing in dedicated mobile sites–Source
- 3 out of 4 visitors to a business website pass judgment about a company’s credibility based on the website design—Source
- Transitioning to responsive web design saw business websites cut bounce rates by 11%–Source
- 75% of business owners depend on mobile searches—International Data Group
- Ease of use counts highly, according to 76% users—HubSpot. And 79% of web shoppers will leave to never return when an e-commerce site takes over 3 seconds to load—44% will tell about the bad experience to their friends
- You are 9X more likely to convert web leads if you follow up with them within 5 minutes—integrating online chat can be helpful here—Inside Sales
Corporate website Essentials
Business owners and digital marketers will also want to carefully consider the kind of content they display on their business website—because their visitors care.
For example, is the website providing enough company information to boost trust and nurture newly-converted leads?
Here’s the essential content you need to checklist:
- 46% of corporate websites miss the basics of digital marketing elements–Source (only available in Croatian)
- Not displaying the product description decreases the likelihood of a product sale by 45%–Source
- 7% of businesses do not have a lead generation form on the website—Source
- And up to 17% do not provide the most basic website information such as a professional “About Us”, “contact”, and “services/product/solutions” page.
Content Marketing Contribution
- At the heart of an ideal business website design is content and content design—in addition to the website’s ability to support content marketing tools for outreach campaigns. The site needs to support the various types of content to be featured on them, including custom graphics and video content.
- 93% of B2B marketers reckon that content marketing (inbound marketing) generates up to 3X more sales leads than traditional (outbound marketing) methods—Source
- Yet, content marketing is also 62% cheaper than outbound marketing
- 43% of companies prefer to hire lead generation services because the providers have more expertise and experience than in-house teams—Source
- 93% of business buyers want content that is more educative and informative and less sale pitchy—Source
- The above study found even more (94%) want to access your provided content without having to fill out long lead generation forms
- Less than 50% of marketers consider using case studies as a top 8 content marketing strategy—Source
- Yet, over 78% of buyers look for and use case studies to reach a purchase decision—Source
- 89% of buyers make an average of 12 searches online for content to help research relevant vendors before contacting them—Source
- And 80% of executives prefer learning about your unique selling proposition through a series of articles compared to viewing an advertisement—Exact Target
- Content marketing influenced 75% of business buyer decisions—Source
- 79% of visitors never convert to buyers because the content marketing plan fails to nurture them—Source
- Sites that use more than 31 dedicated landing pages convert up to 12 times more leads than those that only use 1-5 landing pages—HubSpot
- Yet, only 48% of online marketers create dedicated landing pages for each marketing campaign—Marketing Sherpa
- Business blogs that average 15 blog posts every month generate 1,200 leads on average, according to HubSpot—and that is 67% more leads than B2B companies that do not blog—Source
Event Marketing Consideration
- A business website is an excellent platform for not only informing potential customers of upcoming events in their area, it is also a powerful podium for conducting online, live events.
Business Website Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Using SEO will help leads find the business online through search engines.
- 75% of commercial buyers will research the internet before contacting your sales team—Source
- 70% of the buyer awareness stage is already covered by online content the potential lead found from educative online content by the time they contact your company
- 47% of website visitors expect it to load in less than 3 seconds. 40% of visitors will leave and try out the competition if it takes more than 3 seconds to load—Source
- A 1-second delay in load time leads to 7% loss in conversion, 11% page views, and decreases customer satisfaction by 16%–Source.
- Google found 70% of 900,000 mobile ad landing pages across 126 countries took on average 7 seconds to load visual content above the fold. Starting July 2018, Google started considering page speed in mobile search to award rankings
- Organic search, SEM/PPC ads, and word of mouth referrals are the top sources of business for B2B companies—Source
Marketing Automation and Lead Nurturing Integration
- The best websites integrate marketing automation tools for several reasons that help earn ROI.
- Email and email marketing are the leading lead generation techniques because they encourage lead nurturing. Automation is important because it helps with lead nurturing, according to 57% of marketers—Sources
- Email marketing not only helps nurture leads and can be automated without losing personalization aspects, it also boosts CTR by 8% compared to standard emails at 3% —Source
- Using marketing automation software helps 80% of B2B marketers convert 77% of leads to buyers—Source, VB Insight
- 78% of marketers do not reach out to potential buyers with weekly lead nurturing content and do not use lead generation software
- 44% of business to business firms do not verify leads to filter qualified leads—Source.
- Marketing automation is “Very Important” to successfully conduct multi-channel marketing, according to 93% of B2B professionals—Source
- 74% of marketers say marketing automation saves time, boosts customer engagement (68%), ensured timely communications (58%), and increased opportunities such as up-selling by 58%–Source
Social Media Integration
- A business website does not optimize social media buttons placement misses out on the benefits of social shares.
The same applies to business websites that do not provide enough share buttons. Some social media benefits statistics to keep in mind:
- 49% find social media marketing as the most difficult lead generation technique and need help—Source
- Social media has a 50% higher lead-to-close frequency than direct selling—Quick Sprout
- Social media supports the buying decision of 75% of businesses—Source
- LinkedIn generates 80% B2B leads, the highest number of leads among social media networks ahead of Twitter and Facebook—Source. 65% of companies said their LinkedIn marketing strategy was successful—Source
- 42% marketers have challenges getting the right data or do not know how to gather the right target audience data to create targeted campaigns—Source
- Wearable tech devices will help collect customer data that will lead to 5% sales by 2020—Source
While B2B website design matters by a large portion, it is not the only area of optimization for B2B lead generation. Search Engine Optimization, business content marketing, event marketing tools, social media integration, and marketing automation integration also play a big role. The statistics gathered above indicate what matters and where the opportunities lie when it comes to attracting more qualified business leads in 2019.